Blighty comes to Tinseltown

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Well, I'm back and in the mood to blog! I guess what started me off again was a crew member's blog at http://filmhacks.blogspot.com/ . I read an article about it in the LA Times and have started reading it on a daily basis (2 days so far)! She's keeping her identity secret as she thinks revealing it would screw up her employability potential. I guess she's right! Having worked on a couple of movie sets, booking & 'checking in' background (Rent, AFI's Save Me and 'Choose The Right Guy) and playing background myself (just to get my vouchers you understand! Most recently on Rent and The Good German), her daily grind looks very familiar, even as a non-crew person.
Anyway, since my last ramble, I've joined SAG so I'm now 'Union'. Yeehaa! Basically this means I'm going for jobs against a bunch of people different to the bunch I was going up against when I was non-union! Actually, in this game, you have to 'know' that you have NO competition! You're the best 'you' you can be. You can believe it or not. I do. I have to or else there's no point in being a pro thesp.
That said, staying positive and working away at it, I've managed to book a Microsoft Industrial which still hasn't appeared on the Microsoft UK website (it'll be under 'Small Business Security' if it ever sees the light of day), an Industrial for QuigleySimpson.com (yep, check it out, that's me!), an Internet commercial for LG Electronics where I was filmed with a (gorgeous) ARRI D20 HD camera (film geeks may salivate at this point) walking along Hollywood Boulevard in front of the Chinese Theatre singing a version of 'Bohemian Rhapsody' into the 'phone with everyone looking at me as if I had two heads. They used a long lens so most of the onlookers couldn't see the camera (or the 20 crew walking around behind it) and thought I was just another Hollywood freak (there's a LOT of those BTW). That isn't 'out' yet either so go figure. What else? Oh yes, I'm going to be in a musical version of Aristophones 'Wasps' at the Getty Villa in Malibu on Jan & Mar 2006. And also I'll be appearing in a new 4D (which is 3D with a funky chair) 'ride' at the World Of Coca-Cola in Atlanta, Georgia from next year for... wait for it... 10 years! Filming starts in Jan 2006 and should be a lot of fun.
Oh, received a signed contract from C20th Fox for a pilot which I haven't heard a squeak from since my screen test and the long since past hold date. D has called them to find out if I've booked it after all. Hey ho.
Chatted to AB, SC, Bj & Rob on IM today. Nice to catch up with the folks back home.
Started reading 'How to win friends and influence people' for the 5th time today!
Off to walk DD. zzzz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home