Blighty comes to Tinseltown

Friday, January 05, 2007

More reading.
Writing down my goals and lists for the New Year... Such a lot to achieve and I have to make it happen. If you're going to make it out here, you have to be strong. Keep getting up and keep chasing. If you stop, you will fail. You will fall and people will say, "he just didn't have it".
Started watching 'Match Point' and within 15 minutes I was so appalled by JRM's acting, I had to eject the DVD. My god, it was terrible. I cannot believe for one second that it was JRM's fault - the amount of detachment for his characters and the reality of his dialogue, i.e. what he was saying and to who, has to reflect very badly on Woody Allen. Talk about 'phoning it in! In which reality did the director think that his actors were in the least bit convincing. And when SJ entered the fray in the scene with the table tennis table, I was cringing with embarrassment at how badly she was miscast in the role. Good God, what a mess. Maybe the film got better as it went on but I couldn't bear to watch any more. Did you see the reviews over at rottentomatoes.com? 92 %!!! Ninety-two per cent!! For that pile of pooh?
Respect for the actors but shame on the director.
So, luckily, we had another disc from bb online... a very light comedy called 'Just Friends'. Thank goodness we watched that instead. Yes, light and fluffy (certainly not cerebral, that's for sure), but a funny little story, superbly acted, good structure, funny lines and a bunch of comedy. Nice job.
No, I'm not a meat-head preferring 'Just Friends' over 'Match Point', it was just a better all 'round film.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home