Blighty comes to Tinseltown

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Had a long night with the monkey. Up at 5, I think. Thought of the girls probably aready going to set to book in on 'September', the new Oliver Stone movie. I was booked but got cancelled. Not old or ugly enough, apparently. Yes, they've replicated Ground Zero in Playa Vista for the movie. I'm told it looks amazing. Anyway...
Back to bed and up in time to take R to drop-off. He was a little quiet, lots going on in that little head of his I don't doubt.
Carried onto the office. The girls along with Ir arrived at the same time I did, looking tired! Been up since 3. Pot of coffee fixed us all up and then it was business as usual. Viz today so people started coming in and chatting. Production were on the 'phone to J which managed to reduce her to tears which, a) I've never seen before and b) I don't like one bit. These guys basically work long hours (13 yesterday) with little information which then changes at the last minute and are expected to jump thru hoops. Yes, I understand that once production give you a problem to sort out, it's yours to sort out but give 'em a break. Back to J, she basically gave up and went home to sleep. Don't blame her. Spoke to BB at Uncle with dates for the shoot. Turns out I'm off to Atlanta, Costa Rica and Mammoth over Jan/Feb. Fantastic!
Ir is off to Miami and Nat has a meeting with a producer. She's a great girl, very pretty and has her head screwed on just right I think. She'll do good, I'm sure.
Left at 1 to pick up the monkey. Home again. We played and then went out for a walk. Ah yes, The Griswold family walk!
J & A came over later on before they went to LAX for their flight. We'll miss them.
I was feeling like **** so I went to bed for a couple of hours.
Finished the night off with some TV and then cutting up some snowflakes for R's get together tomorrow. Ah, what a varied set of skills a daddy needs!
Heard that an old friend of mine, Peter Catmur, had died after a stroke back home in the UK. Very sad, he was such a nice guy.
R.I.P. Peter. Sleep well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home