Blighty comes to Tinseltown

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

OK, he was up EARLY again. Ready to go! Super awake and wanting to play. Hey, it's fun to be 2 and a half! Ah well, some early TV for us both I guess. Rediscovered Corn Flakes this morning.
Went to the audition for AOL today. Quite a funny one actually (I love auditions where you actually get to do something interesting, rather than just stand they and act like a divvie). Anyway, picture a rather large lady and I sitting astride a small table with a large shovel in our hands and, voila! - we are in a row boat. Ah, the wonder of imagination. The lady couldn't have been more unlikely to be my 'wife' but, hey, whoever signs in and gets paired up with you - that's the one you go 'on tape' with (I say 'on tape', it's more likely to be recordable DVD these days). Saw J there as well. He's in the Getty show with me. Small world, eh? (But I wouldn't like to paint it).
Washed the car and EZ Lubed the car ($49 bucks later). Read the LA Times from Christmas day while I was there. OK, I'm going to RANT now. Is it just me or does Ebert and Roper piss you off too? Not to look at - they're as interesting or as ugly as anyone else, I suppose. No, it's their mindless, stupid and downright idiotic 'Two thumbs up' phrase. Oh, and if they really like something, 'Two thumbs WAY up'. I cannot believe they have taken the intellectual process of considering the merits of a movie, the plot, the cinematography, the performances and all the other facets of what is a complex project (in most cases) and boiled it down to what is the journalistic equivalent of a bag of McDonalds fries.
It galled me even more to see this idiotic phrase alongside more intelligent quotes from critics with more than half a brain. Oh, and did you know that they've actually trademarked their completely worthless tripe? Check it out, I kid you not. What a load of bollocks.
Anyway, installed a new video/dvd combi player for M so she can play her videos (remember those? Small plastic rectangles with magnetic tape inside). Hacked the DVD side so I can play all my UK DVDs - Ho hum...
Monkey took 2 hours to get to sleep tonight...Bloody hell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home