Blighty comes to Tinseltown

Wednesday, December 28, 2005


Spent much of today in our storage unit tidying up. Loads of rubbish/trash and tons of fun stuff to go thru! Found my old Casio SF r20 which I may use again - I'll try and start a retro PDA trend. I think people are sick and tired of having their tech tools superceded by something half the size and twice the speed as soon as they walk out of the store. So, why not go ULTRA retro and use something that's TWENTY years old! Look at these specs. Hi viz greyscale widescreen, 256K of memory, NO USB, NO IR, NO BLUETOOTH.No CF expansion slot, NO WIFI, NO mp3 or Video playback. Computer hook up with an enormous, unwieldy cable. Fantastic! Also found an HP Jornada 420. That's SIX years old and works on Windows CE! Marvellous.
Burnt the first DVD on the 'puter too. The video was a little choppy but I suppose I'll tinker with the capture settings to solve it. Used Roxio as it had the best capture quality. Captured at 720 x 526 - might shrink that too. Took 4 hours to burn! Definitely have to sort that out.
Received my SAG card today! Yahoo!
Also, my friend Gary left me a message to say that there's two pictures of me in next month's issue of "American Cinematogropher" magazine. Cheers Gary! Really great article.
I remember the camera we used was very, very special and the shots looked absolutely AMAZING using only the light from Hollywood Boulevard. If you're interested, it was an Arri D20, one of only six in the world, I think. There was a three man group from Arri on the shoot with us. Basically it's a top-end (actually, it's THE top-end) HD camera that thinks it's a 35mm camera! Check it out here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home