Blighty comes to Tinseltown

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Thursday night into Friday morning...3.30 and I hit the sack (airbed, actually). Up at 9.00 and straight back to editing the movie. Gave up at 2pm and headed home.
Had a chat with G later on and apparently R, my cameraman, was convinced that I had asked him to frame up the way it was and he was 'too scared' to ask me if it REALLY was what I wanted. It sure as hell wasn't what I wanted as I distinctly asked to have both of us framed to the left and the right of frame, forehead to chin, closeup on our faces. Funny how B, my DP was spot on with his stuff and R missed it completely.
At this point, I do want to note that the early takes which we couldn't use due to really poor lighting (the light setup took five hours to get it right) were superbly framed, just what I wanted (and R had framed those). Maybe R had a brainfart or I just didn't communicate what I wanted plainly enough. Whatever. It's my fault ultimately as I should have checked the first shot of the new setup and I didn't. I would have seen immediately what a carveup the framing was, corrected it and moved on.
Worked on the opening titles and theme until late.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home