Blighty comes to Tinseltown

Sunday, August 27, 2006


Friday was...well, it all started with me standing in the shower busy abluting, head full of conditioner, scrub applied liberally all around when, no I'm not making this up, the water was cut off. Brilliant! Absolutely nothing coming out of the showerhead. Ditto all the taps. I do remember hearing a pneumatic drill (US=jackhammer) in the street earlier on. Great, they're working on the mains and not told us that they're going to cut off the water. Bollocks. The only water in the house was what was in the kettle and the fridge water filter so I made sure there was a plentiful supply of fluids for the missus and the monkey to drink and then attempted to wash everything off my head and body with the contents of the aforementioned containers. I tell you, it really makes you appreciate the fact that, normally, as much water as you could ever want flows out of the tap on demand, (whenever you need it) when you're trying to rinse off your entire head and body with an inch and a half of water in the sink. Great start to the day but I suppose one has to suck it up. Off to my audition for Cc cable playing an explorer/ice pack naturalist meeting up with a Penguin. Quite funny in that the ad is from the penguin's POV and, naturally, I have no idea what he's saying so I'm just nodding in a "Blimey, this penguin's making a lot of noise" sort of way. Also, I think that I was probably the only one carrying a ski jacket in L.A. today, well, me and all the other chaps going for the job! That done, back home with 2.5 gallons of water for the kinfolk (yes, by this time, the DWP - UK=Water Board, had a bloody huge hole just up the road from us)and then off down to Marina DR to see a good friend of mine, J, who used to be my commercial agent but is now assisting in a principal casting office. She has a rather interesting project which I won't go into at the moment, suffice it to say that there isn't a role for me in it! She is so amazing that I know she'll bring me in for the first project where there is a role I'm right for. I love her! Met her boss and her colleague and headed home.
Managed to prang the car by reversing into a bloody fire hydrant, it being so short that I couldn't see it out of the back window! Bugger!! Drilled a 2 inch hole into an otherwise pristine bumper (US=fender) it having just been replaced from someone rear ending M a couple of months ago. Bugger bugger.
Still no call from my manager or anything from the two callbacks. Bugger bugger bugger. Must stay positive, must stay positive.
On the bright side after today, in the incredibly insightful words of Yazz, "the only way is up". Well, let's hope so eh!
Thank heavens for my health, 'er indoors and the monkey - one has to count one's blessings when things go a little awry, doesn't one?
The picture of a puppy above? I thought puppies are one of those things you have to be grateful for, aren't they!! Forget the lack of water, pranged car and no bloody work - the dog's cute, isn't he?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home