Blighty comes to Tinseltown

Saturday, December 10, 2005


Up to a smelly bum. Not mine, thankfully. Little one's been making gravy all night! Yum. We played all morning and watched Bob the Builder and Thomas and Friends. Note... back home in the UK, it was known as Thomas the Tank Engine and the fat bloke in charge was known as the Fat Controller, not the insipid pc term they have for him in the US, "Sir Toppam Hatt". What the hell? Anyway, Thomas rocks!
We coloured and we played with trucks. I love my time with the monkey! Out for a walk to the Post office, the bank and the library (yes, I know, I live on the edge, don't I. I'm an adrenalin junkie, me). We did pass by the PDC so we stopped and watched the fountains for a little while. That's the monkey smelling flowers in the picture!
Played some more in the afternoon and then off to his friend's house, just down the road.
Linked up the UK vcr J kindly brought with him to my 'puter (through the video card which I have working now) and it works as sweet as a nut! Yeehaa. Checked out a tape from 1982! Yes, I do indeed have video tapes from 23 years ago! Several, in fact. Wow, what was I watching back then, blimey! Erm... The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (yes, there was a series made for UK TV), a kids show called 'Murphys Mob' which I was in (fleetingly), rally car racing (which I'm still into although they call it WRC now) and a couple of other things which I forget for the moment.
Sat and wrote Christmas cards and stuck R's piccy on them. Sweet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home