Blighty comes to Tinseltown

Friday, January 27, 2006

Friday and up at 5.30. For the first time this week, it's a struggle to get up. Shaved again (I hate shaving EVERY day). On set at 6.30. J pulled up at the same time. Her call time had been moved an hour earlier to mine. Gonna be a long day. LOADS to get thru. Dressed, hair and make-up and into my flying harness. The prospect of at least 12 hours in this thing isn't a fun one as, when it's tight, it cuts off the blood to my legs - nice! A very long morning with everyone basically trying to line up the planets with every shot, that is to say, asking for all three of the flying guys, the two guys in green just underneath me in shot, the camera guys and me to get every move, every look, every word, every tuck, turn and twist right every single time. As you can imagine, it's impossible to hit your marks when you're flying 12 feet in the air so the guys were all pretty busy! That's why it was a very long morning. Broke an hour late for lunch. Went to my room, ate half my lunch and passed out. Came to with about 10 mins to spare before going back in. Pulled everything up, hair & make-up touched up and back to set.
Seven more hours of flying and I was done, as was everyone else on set. At one point, during a re-rig I stepped outside and almost cried, I felt so strange. A mixture of the fatigue, the frustration at retakes and the length of the day, I suppose. Anyway...the VTR man was doing some live mixing of the plates and the green screen footage to give everyone a rough idea of what it would look like. I have to say, it looked pretty amazing.
The whole crew, especially my 1st, 2nd and flying guys were so concerned about giving me breaks at every possible opportunity, I cannot thank them enough. Everyone, without exception, said 'well done' or 'thank you for going above and beyond' - everyone was incredibly supportive and complimentary.
Today was meant to be the last day of shooting in LA but with everything we had to nail today, we still have some more shots to finish so we're pushing over to Monday.
Home and bed...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home