Blighty comes to Tinseltown

Monday, January 16, 2006

Start of another wondrous week.
I had the bedsheets removed from my back and my slippers put on my unwilling feet at 6.50am by a three foot monster saying 'Breakfast, Daddy, breakfast". I'm getting up then, am I? It would appear so.
Another early morning gave me a chance to browse the web (and, of course, catch up on some Thomas, Charlie Brown, Bob and various other Tivo-archived kiddie entertainment).
Blimey, did you know that a satellite receiver box in the UK managed to broadcast a emergency distress signal which scrambled the Coastguard? Weird! Read about it here...
Off to class. Worked with A who was looking very smart - cut hair, shirt and trousers, dress shoes and a whole different attitute. Apparently the ultimatum he was given was smarten up and get serious or get out. Seemed to work!
Was totally in the moment today. EP went extraordinarily well and was totally open and available. Felt good. T was very pleased.
Movie meeting afterwards. B, Y, R and I discussed R's opening and synopsis. Wasn't entirely comfortable with the cheese factor. Felt that B who was going to be the main lead had to have a reason to have sold the thing most dear to him. So, I came up with one, which we all fleshed out and agreed that it would be B's back story and the opening of the movie.
Golden Globe night tonight. My goodness, what a lot of Brits, either presenting or receiving. Hey hey, we won a few too! Marvellous. The only thing that bugged me was Queen Latifa's opening speech. I'm not going to go into it here...
Many congrats to Sir Anthony Hopkins. Rule Britannia!

Here's a cool page from the NYTimes outlining a Year of Ideas
How about turning your XP PC into a Mac (or at least change the desktop so it looks and acts like one)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home