Blighty comes to Tinseltown

Monday, January 09, 2006


Flying harness fitting day! Holy moley - it don't half pull on one's nether region. Owww. Major chaffing in the groin department. The harness fits VERY snugly around your hips and is tightened as tight as it will go. Clips are attached from the frame to the side of the harness, the grip pulls and up you go! As I'll be riding a hoverboard in the film, another crane was fitted with a universal movement joint-thing and a snowboard went on top of that. So, in effect, I was attached at both ends, one with flying crane, the other end with boots secured to the snowboard.
I went up for about 15 minutes and tried all sorts of moves to get a feel for the assembly. The grip guys pulled, pushed, dollied, raised and lowered to add to the effect. Anyway, 15 minutes later, I was sore, ankles and crotch! Doing it for real next week but I think I'll be ready by then. I have to study a snowboarding DVD to get some 'rad' moves down before the shoot. Should be a laff!
Off to class and did my activity with Michelle. It went really well - I let my activity affect me and was still open to M. Can I stay consistent? Hope so.
Turns out that Miche is from Atlanta and she knows exactly where the film is going to play. Apparently, there's a NEW World of Coke planned, across town from the existing one. It's being built at the moment and should be finished in 2007, which, funnily enough, is when our film starts its 10 year run! You can see the construction progress here.
Home again to fun and games with the monkey. Bath and bed then off to check out Saturday's audition tapes for VI with Stephen and Scott - four tapes' worth!
Stephen told me that they had ditched 90% of the auditionees without even putting them on tape! Even so, the level of those filmed was appalling to amazing with various stages in between. It completely floors me how many actors 'act' so hard and think they're the dog's whatsits when they actually look like they're trying WAY too hard. Even being biased towards the plight of the hard working Thesp, I couldn't make allowances for some of them, they were bad! That said, we managed to build a respectable 'callback' pile and I think whomever we end up with are going to make a superb cast. Home at 1.55am!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home