Blighty comes to Tinseltown

Monday, January 02, 2006

Added a stack of links on the right hand nav... please check them out!

Pissing down in LA again. The street is like a river... no kidding. It's been raining on and off all day. Rainy season's definitely here. Didn't you know it rained in LA? Holy moley, it rains. I'm a Brit and it's a lot of rain, even for me! The Southern Californian landslides have started again.
Anyway, went off to the flicks to see Fun with Dick and Jane which was very enjoyable and very funny. Reportedly costing $100m I couldn't really see where all the money went other than Jim Carrey's $30m wage packet. Not incredibly cerebral, of course, but fun anyway. Not every film is Uncle Vanya, OK?
Saw another car with a menorah on the top. Sorry, no offence, but it has to be one of the most stupid things anyone puts on their car. It even beats a 7' inflatable Santa on your lawn. Equally daft. Festive, but daft.
Meant to list my resolutions yesterday but here they are, better late than never (in no particular order)...
1. Do something toward my career EVERY day.
2. Practise my standard American accent EVERY day.
3. Eat at least one piece of fruit EVERY day (Hey, I didn't say my resolutions were going to save the world, did I?)
4. Read something from a book EVERY day (not a website, magazine or newspaper).
5. Walk at least 25 minutes every day (I'll amend this to 'steps on a pedometer' when I get one. I've ordered one!)
6. Donate to or help a charity every month.
7. Read to my son, EVERY day (at the moment, it's every other day when I put him to bed).
8. Run (or walk) a marathon ONCE this year
9. Participate in at least two casting/agent showcases a month
10. Read at least three plays a month
11. Be more controlled and slow(er) to anger (may be a toughie!)

I'll think of some more and post them...
Back to rehearsals tomorrow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home