Blighty comes to Tinseltown

Monday, January 30, 2006

Last day of shooting in LA today.
Woke up at 6.00 for a 6.30 call arrgh!
Started off in the harness and back up over the sea of green!
The harness 'bullets' were set at their lowest setting on my hips so I could go horizontal and flip around!
Shot with the high speed camera so it really whizzed when the camera crew fired it up! 240 frames a second - impressive!
First session was 45 miutes without a break but I could sort of turn over to shift the weight off my hips and inner thighs. This lower setting tires you out faster and I was using a lot of ab and thighs!
If I ever get booked to do wire work again, I will definitely being asking for more dosh. It was very hard work. The effects guys said they would definitely keep me in mind for fkying work and advise clients looking for a mad Brit who coud deliver lines convincingly whilst suspended 10feet up in the air.
Finished off the day up on a platform in front of the greenscreen. I was matching poses with an imaginary 'me' being placed in busy film plates of various exotic locations already shot. Different hats and things in my hands. Funny!
Wrapped and said cheers to everyone on set.
LA shoot done.
Managed to screw M's lappie up whilst trying to repair a hinge. I managed to rip a ribbon connector with a bazillion little tracks. Great. Crap...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home