Blighty comes to Tinseltown

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Up at 7am (Sunday morning - nice!). Spoke to J on the 'phone. All is well back home.
Off to rehearsal for 10. At least Sunset Blvd was clear all the way to Malibu.
Good rehearsal.
Bought Girl Scout cookies on the way home. For those of you unenlightened souls out there who don't know what GS cookies are (basically anyone NOT from the US), they are the most wonderful way to add pounds of fat and clogging agents to your arteries known to man. God, they're good.
Bath and bed for littl'un and then watched the Oscars. Was meant to go around to a friends to watch them but they had their friends freak out on them and tell them that they couldn't possibly share them with anyone else tonight. Yep, I thought it was strange too. But anyway...
Results are on the 'net so I won't dupe them here. Great hosting (if a little safe) by Jon Stewart. The oddest thing thought was the winner of best original song. It was a terrible rap song from Crash (the film I loved BTW). Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against rap music. Give me a heartfelt rap song about human struggle, tragedy or some similar emotion which is well sung, coherent and intelligent and I'm nodding my head with the best of them but this was just jumbled up crap, totally inaudible, repetitive and boring. Basically it was just noise. Maybe the Academy are trying to get hip and cred on the street but don't try and do it by handing an award to this standard of shite. Great acceptance speech, guys.
I seem to remember the song being better in the movie. Maybe I'm being hard on them. The stage was not the best for performing live, indeed Dolly Parton's singing came over as pretty small which, as we all know, is not what Ms. Parton is famous for. Why wasn't she given a band and some backing singers on stage with her?
Actually, not that anyone gives a flying toss what I think!! I've just searched all the blogs about the oscars and there are thousand of them. All with narcissistic, shitty, holier than thou comments and opinions.
Who do you think is reading your mindless crap, people? Who do you think cares what you think?

Walked the dog. Been meaning to write a note about the guy around the corner who leave a canvas bag by his back gate, in the shadows, but basically on plain view to the street. He does it almost every night and I've seen it there since I've been here (coming up for two years now). What's in it? No idea! Why hasn't anyone stolen it? No clue. Maybe it's a 'plant'. I'm not going to try and find out. Either very trusting or very stupid. Not sure which.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home