Blighty comes to Tinseltown

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Friday and spent most of the day at UTS with munchkin. It's basically a kids space and for $7 they can run wild for as long as you like. Very cool if you're a parent, believe me. Funny how you meet a ton of people through your kids but you do. Today I met an animator who sold up and came over with her hubby to take a job with Disney only to arrive, work for a few months and have then close the studio she was working at. No warning, no recompense. Er, your job's gone so your visa's invalid so you'll have to go home with your hubby! No jobs to find elsewhere because no-one's hiring. Also met a record producer who looked, well, pretty fried! He said that he was insanely busy and just cherished an hour or two playing with his kid. There's a job that's gonna kill him!
G & R came over in the evening and we worked through the first part of G's top secret project. We laid some stuff onto tape but I definitely need to do some more work personalising the charcter for myself. Looking forward to it as my character is pretty intense and complex. I like a challenge! I know G does too! We chatted until 2.30am about the future and the long and winding road this project is going to take us along. Superb!
Called my mate in the Uk who is getting married to wish him all the best and he answered... just as the wedding dinner was moving onto dessert!! I had no idea it was today! He was pretty flumuxed that it ws me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home