Blighty comes to Tinseltown

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Up with the lark and off to set for a day's work on An AC. Yep, even I do a little bit of background to fill in the rent now and then but I don't make it a habit. But, it was a nice set and a great crew. It was, however, incredibly hot and stuffy and the holding didn't have an a/c. We were all melting. I was categorised as an attorney and ended up sitting right next to Ms. Keener as her defence! No kidding, of all the places I could've ended up on set, I was a foot away from her. Funny though, you would think I would be seen in all the shots but of the three or four setups I was in, the camera was either just behind me, shooting across me or featuring my arm in the side of the frame! Hey ho! The wonderful world of the background artiste. It was amazing to be alongside her during her preparation and working through her scenes. If you don't know the true story on which the film is based, I would suggest you google it. You'll then find out that the events really weren't that pretty. The courtroom sequences which were filmed today were pretty harrowing with the group of kids convicted alongside Ms Keener's character absolutely distraught, sobbing and moaning when their verdicts were read out. The kids were superb and very humble too. Makes a change for LA.
Ms. Keener introduced herself to me and was very nice on set. I also apologised to her when we wrapped for being such a crap defence lawyer and her losing the case. It was the closest I could get to a joke but she laughed and said that she'd had a great day.
As anyone who does background regularly will tell you, there was an AWFUL lot of sitting around but the food was good! And, of course, a feature film set is amazingly interesting to be on. Added to that, the atmosphere was palpable today - you could feel the tension of the subject matter. Slipped just over 12 hours into O/T which adds quite a few extra bucks. Nice. Oh, for some reason, Siobhan Fallon was wondering around the set today. I don't think she's in the cast so she must have a mate or two working. Never seen her blond before... she looks great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home