Blighty comes to Tinseltown

Saturday, August 19, 2006


Friday and started the day with fun, games and 'homeschooling' the munchkin. It's fun to find to play teaching games and you'd be surprised how receptive the little monkey is. Smart fella! Had a meeting with my manager and we discussed a basic strategy for the next month or two. I also wanted to know how she and her colleagues worked together and how the office was run. She told me that basically one is on the phone schmoozing the CDs and she deals with face to face meetings, finding out who is doing what and trying to get me auditions with them. They discuss all their clients each evening to decide what they're going to go after the next day. On the whole, it seems like a pretty good method they have down and I'm hopefully going to meet her colleague early next week. I know it's not been very long at all that I've been working with her but I have a feeling that she's the right person to be working with. You have to make judgments in this life and I think it's going to work out. Bath, stories and bed for the young'un then onto the 'puter to do some more research on IMDBpro before my trial membership expires!

Today's pic isn't, as you might think, a picture of a TV monitor without a video input signal. No, it is, in fact, wait for it... video art called 'Blue'. Yes, some contemporary artist has put 90 minutes of blue onto a DVD and is flogging it as 'Art'. The sad thing is, of course, is that someone will probably actually buy it and rave about just how pure and monochromatic it is or spout some other horsepoop that so deftly describes the modern art lover's cockeyed view of mundane household objects or what is, to anyone with an ounce of intelligence, completely irrelevant and worthless items of modern life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home