Blighty comes to Tinseltown

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Start of another week in the entertainment factory city we affectionately call 'LaLaLand' for reasons blazingly obvious to the Angelinos. Off to class to study my craft and paired up first with Suz then with Ric. Both seem to go well although the depth to the new relationships we're working on can't be too involved that they interfere with the exercise (so you end up 'playing a story' but can't be so shallow that they don't add a dynamic to it either. All part of the process, boys and girls.
Called my manager and my commercial agent to see if I can get a little movement into the career with the result that I'll be calling in on them both later in the week. Let's not talk about my theatrical agent who I'm sure is working very hard for me but I haven't seen anything since I started with him (five months ago, now). I know it'll the summer but it'll be autumn soon and then into pilot season again. I would love to book something before next year, actually. Call me fussy but it would be nice to have some dosh to buy luxuries like, oh I don't know... erm, food perhaps! Just kidding... we have loads of tins of beans to last us... a week or so, plenty of stuff, no worries.
Worked on the website and scoured IMDBpro for some UK agents and managers who are the next group on my Blitz list! Have to keep going in this business... no rest for the workers and nothing's going to magically happen without keyboards being pounded, headshots being stapled and envelopes being stuffed... ONWARDS!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home