Blighty comes to Tinseltown

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Monday. Class. K and I actually didn't worry about the words for the scene, went thru the moments and had a real conversation, which is exactly what we wanted to do. T wanted to see it mean more to us and work deeper and we told him that that was what we are going to work on next!
J, the monkey and I went off to the Farmers Market. After ice cream and coffee I noticed an old man typing a script on an antiquated laptop with a full-sized keyboard plugged in. I could see on the screen that he had characters called Lord this and Lady that so I asked him if it was a British piece. He asked if I was British and then wham... an intense 20 minute conversation ensued about his script taking 25 years to get it 'just right', a central character playing seven roles, about it being a mix of satire and farce and how he wanted me to be in a staged reading with people from CAA there and how he was going to produce it himself because he wanted to retain full artistic control...And so on. Only in LA! I'll tell you if anything actually happens!
Watched (against my better judgment) Failure to Launch which M had put into the Blockbuster queue. Yes, a very lightweight comedy as I had supposed but with some good performances and a textbook structured screenplay. Not bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home