Blighty comes to Tinseltown

Friday, December 16, 2005


Off to the park with R.
Fun and games! A little chilly - winter's setting in here in SoCal.
Off to a script reading. J was there, first time I've seen her since she booked the job. It's going to be a great shoot as J & I had excellent chemistry. Tried on a couple more wardrobe items! The shoot is going to be in 3D so they're trying to get stripes and wild colours into the clothes. I have tried some wacky combinations. Blue stripes and orange Argyl, I kid you not! Jason mentioned Stanley Unwin who was a Brit comedian who made up his own language, Unwinese! He had a very gentle, disarming but ultimately hilarious delivery. He did film, TV and radio and even had his own character in 'Secret Service' (by the Thunderbirds' creator, Jerry Anderson). Back to the script... it was much revised from the last time I saw it. Much compressed (final has to be 9 minutes long) and a lot less cluttered but with some reworking which made it a lot smoother and more entertaining. The comedy is much stronger as well. We do have quite a few key phrases in there which the client wants, of course, but I think the new script will appeal a lot more to the kids who watch the movie/ride.
Put the little one in the bath and off to bed but not before a few stories... One of his favourite books is 'My big truck book' which doesn't have much of a story but it does have pictures of big trucks! He loves it. Tonight, though, he decided to ask me some questions which went something along the lines of "Daddy", "Yes sunshine"?, "Is this a yellow school bus"? "Yes, that's a yellow school bus". "Excellent, Daddy. Well done"! "Daddy"? "Yes, sweetheart"? "Is this a fire engine"? "No, that's a Paramedic truck". "Excellent, Daddy. Well done"!
I couldn't believe it. This was basically a reverse of the conversation I've been having with him over the last couple of months. It's absolutely mind-blowing how he's been taking it in and inwardly analysing it until he's ready to give it back to me! He's only 2 and a half and he's doing so many things that absolutely amaze me. Maybe I'm biased (yep, of course I am) but he's still a very cool little person!
KFI had a interview with Glynis McCant, an expert numerologist. Sounds like fun! My life number's a 4 and my attitude number is 9 (if you're interested).
Looking up some half decent casting director workshops... Always said I wouldn't do them but the reality of this town is that you can't afford to have an ego and you have to do WHATEVER you have to do to get ahead. Ego won't mail you a cheque or pay the rent or feed you and yours! The SAG Foundation has what looks like an excellent free programme. Will definitely sign up for that and look into another couple of places I've been recommended...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home