Blighty comes to Tinseltown

Friday, March 10, 2006

Thursday - went into the office today.
Seems the Hollywood OS party/book launch for the updated version of "Extra work for Brain Surgeons" was last night. I was invited but couldn't go. Basically, if you're coming to Hollywood to be a movie extra (I've met a ton of people who make a very good living at it, believe me) or a principle actor who needs to do extra work between jobs (i.e. most actors in LA), this is defintiely the book to get. Hollywood OS was started a nunber of years ago and has grown from a floppy disk (remember those) passed around the casting agents to the humungous web site with thousands of people that it is today. The bosslady is a no nonsense, shrewd business-minded sweetheart called Angela. Check out hollywoodoperatingsystem.com for the fast track into LA movie extra work! Good luck.
Anyway, back to the office. Seems that I have two auditions... One for Alison Horn for Surf (which is a UK detergent) which I can do but can't make the shoot date if I were to land it (Getty obligation) and one for Francene Selkirk which I can't make this afternoon but can make the shoot date. So, J my lovely agent had to phone both of them up. Well, they were both pissed off. Let's just say I probably won't be brought in for either for the foreseeable future. Great. Two huge commercial CDs down, several more to go! Had visitation in the office today which is always fun!
Rehearsal, rehearsal, rehearsal. Looking good. Working on new stuff all the time. Business here, a new line there! Very fluid!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home