Blighty comes to Tinseltown

Friday, May 26, 2006

Friday. Fanfare. Ta ta da daaaaaa.
Today I will find a McJob to keep me in the acting game. Off to a couple of local hotels to charm them into employing me. 1st off, the four seasons in BevHills. Hum... just an application to fill out, can't meet the HR mgr straight away. Damn! How can I charm the pants off someone if I don't meet them. Maybe another day soon. Fill out the app, I'll get called in a week (or not). 2nd hotel, very local. Things look much more hopeful here. Front desk get me the HR chap who gives me a quick grilling but who seems bewildered by my Britishness and he gets me the application form telling me that he'll check out the GenMgr's availability (sounds positive to me). I fill out the app and I'm ushered into the GenMgr's office. Really nice chap and we chat about why I want to work there, what I've been upto with my work career thus far before moving onto a general negotiation of what I'm after and what they can offer. Good meeting and he lets me know that he'll be in touch very soon when he's had a muse. $12 an hour with a few benefits which isn't tons of money but it does keep me in the 'game', letting me carry on doing what I came here to do. You have to do whatever it takes to keep you in the game, people!
Home again feeling like I actually have a real chance of staying focused on my goal. Holy moley, I have a message from my agent with audition no.4 (in two months)!! My god! Hang on... turns out that it's for the CD I'm really friendly with (who booked the CC job) which means that my agent prob didn't even submit me. I bet the CD is bringing me in herself which means the agent gets the credit. What a game this is, eh!
Met the new next door neighbour who's renting it for her son (at $5K a month - holy shit).
Watched 'Elizabethtown' which wasn't the best film I've ever seen but it wasn't bad. Good perfs.
Looked up at the H Hills whilst walking the dog and they seemed a little closer...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home