Blighty comes to Tinseltown

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Tooooosday.
Awoke feeling like poop, thank the looord (Looord?) for NyQuil (translation.. Night Nurse - sounds much more fun, dunnit)? Basically, knock you out and work on your coldy symptons while you slumber. Yeah, well, it sort of works. Still woke up a coupla' times to see my missus climbing outta bed to see to the noise/scream machine known as our toddler. Yep, pretty much every night now, he's 'up and about' just to piss us off! Hey ho...
Well, slept in LATE today. Couldn't get out of bed as I was feeling very off colour. But, HEY, today's the meeting with the HUGE manager from the HUGE management company. So, have to get myself together. Cut a long story short. Off to the meeting.
While I'm sitting in reception, a very famous person walks up to the reception desk with her agent (I'm guessing the lady with her furiously punching her Blackberry was her agent) and glances over to me. I glance back with a smile. No response. Ah well, didn't really expect one. I wait and wait and after 15 minutes I'm ushered in.
Basically, I'm in on a wing and a prayer so when he said that we can't rep you without credits, I wasn't surprised. He did let me 'pitch' him. He listened and told me it was a great pitch! But, still couldn't help.
We did, however, chat for 35 minutes and, to cut a long story short, he really did like me. We spoke about people and relationships and longevity in the business and we really did click. He is going to checkout some other agents and managers for me and give me some intros/referrals. This, people, is a very big result. He also took a copy of the short I made (with the proviso that it was only for him to watch) and told me to check in with him next week. We also chatted about the CC project which really interested him but the fact we can't see the footage ('coz it's still ultra secret) is a stumbling block. He said that we'd be golden once the thing is public as it will sell me very nicely.
So, actions points...
Follow up next week and chat to BB from UTV to arrange a viewing (the mgr said he'd make a lunch trip and go to SM next month along with a producer friend once the project he's working on is done).
Add to that, he's prob going to help me out when I have a few credits to my name and he can actually sell me to his industry contacts!
Home again and M & littl'un had put some 'welcome home, good job daddy' posters in the window. Ahhh, sweet.
Played in the garden and the rest of the day was the usual, try and get the child to eat his dinner, yell yell, try and get him to stay in the bath, yell yell, try and get him to go to sleep, yell yell....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home