Blighty comes to Tinseltown

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Monday. M is away with R on Catalina so we couldn't do the scene. Did a door to T's activity. I had strong feelings for T's activity and gave it to him. Got pretty heated but Ty gave it a very good. So that's good. Felt good, felt natural. Ty decided that he was going to judge the class as per the ACLU's standards so he told us that everything was going to be excellent, it wasn't possible for anyone to be bad. He told us that he would have to drop the standards so low to conform to the level of the other acting schools in LA. So that's how every scene and D/A was critiqued! It was painful. I felt like cringing after every exercise, the comments were horrific. "That was nice". "You positively glowed". He lead us all in a round of applause after each exercise. Painful. BUT, this is the kind of that happens in every class in some Hollywood 'acting' schools. No joke. The people who go to these places are routinely fooled into parting with their money in the belief that they are actually half decent which is, sadly, not the case. Their tutors tell them their wonderful as they take their money every month. They never get kicked out and they really don't have to work at anything. So, they are crap and they stay crap. Very sad. This, of course, was Ty's point. Very well made as well.
It also means that when a CD sees my school on my resume, they'll know that I really work to be as good as I can be at what I do. Make sense? Yes, I think so.
Headed over to The F's Club in BH to see S. He wanted to show me the new VI trailer. Looks great! He's doing well too. Chatted about VI. Also chatted about our trailer and what Sar did after I had left. She was booked as a 'drape' for me for my scene. However, she asked me to go thru the lines so she could take a shot at the monologue. I said OK thinking that she was being a little headstrong but I didn't want to steal her thunder so we rehearsed. At the end of the day when they were ready to pack up, S tried to find Sar as he knew she wanted to film her version. So, they searched and searched but couldn't find her. So they packed up and then she appeared. He reluctantly set everything up again. So S gave Sar some suggestions and direction but she decided that she wanted to do her own version of the monologue and do it where she wanted to, not lying on the pool table with a ball in each hand (funny) but sitting on the edge of the table with a pool cue in her hand (not funny). So, they got started and things got worse. Much worse. She was bad, not just bad bad but absolutely terrible. She thought she could come along, grab some lines and be amazing even thought she was booked to look pretty and have some fun and nothing else. Know thyself, little lady and do what you're booked to do. Oh by the way, did I mention that S fired the producer? Artistic differences I think. He wanted to find out why F hadn't done a stack of producer type stuff (such as set up an LLC as he should have to cover things like, oh, I don't know, a limited liability to cover the liabilities that he was supposed to be covering in the agreements we were signing), F told him to stay creative and never mind what he thought should be done.. so he fired him. Quite rightly so!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home