Blighty comes to Tinseltown

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Wednesday. Woke up feeling BAD! Aches and sniffles. But, it's class day and I have to go. Took some DayQ (translation: Day Nurse). Worked with the new guy, P (who's a little bit, erm, quiet). He came to my door. It seems we caught what everyone else was doing in class - compounding moments, talking, making up dialogue or maybe S was being extra picky. Who knows.
Asked S about the film commttee meeting and how my film did (hint hint). He said that it was between a 'definite maybe' and a 'yes' which means that unless they see a ton of incredibly impressive projects over the next couple of weekends, my little short may make it in! He did say, however, that he was going to be away when they view the remaining projects so he wouldn't have any idea what was going to make it in. We shall wait and see. Watched a docu on Clint Eastwood, the Director. Superb. He's been directing for decades, starting with Play Misty for me! Did you know that? Interestingly enough, the docu was filmed in 2000 before Mystic River and Million Dollar Baby and he was rounding off the interview with his thoughts on probably doing a movie or two more before he gives it up. He had no idea what amazing surprises were in store for him! I suppose there was no way he could know, eh? Funny, innit.
Called F & D to see if he had any contacts out here still. He said probably not but he'd rack his brains and let me know. Anything would help!
Shock horror, had a call from my agent! Yes, I know, I couldn't believe it either. Print job for the new OS from MS, you know the one. It's in Venice, arrrrgh!
So, class in NoHo, audition in Venice and back to NoHo for 1pm. Never gonna happen but I have to try!!
More fun and games with litt'un, moaning at the table at dinner, in the bath but he was looking forward to going to bed and he passed out after a few sentences of his story. Ahhhh.
Skipped rehearsal as I would prob give the lurgie to everyone there which I'm sure would be amazingly popular. NightQ and Bed early.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home