Blighty comes to Tinseltown

Friday, June 02, 2006

Wednesday. Class with S.
Wasn't planning on doing it, but I ended up doing the scene with M. Stopped after two minutes and S said to do it again but just do this. She is your wife and she's always screwing up and he told M that I was her husband (natch) and he's an idiot. Try that and see what happens. So, we went back, prepared for a minute and then came back out. Unfettered by the lines, we had an incredible five minute scene where we were husband & wife with those POVs he gave us. Fantastic and real. It was also incredible how much of the lines actually came out of us, mostly in our own words which is how it should be at this stage of the scene rehearsal. Just by forgetting the lines and concentrating on each other and how we felt, it became alive, real and emotional. I was shaking by the end. Brilliant!
Made a couple of calls in the afternoon. Still waiting for the mgr to get back to me after last week's meeting.
Looking for that song for my audition on Tuesday. Hollywood sheet music are trying to find it for me too. They're amazing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home