Blighty comes to Tinseltown

Sunday, July 23, 2006


Friday and up really friggin early to take my lovely lady to the airport to fly off to a BOT meeting for... well, what she does - none of your beeswax, dear reader. Littl'un obviously had a wonderful time watching the 'planes taking off. An amusing irony did present itself in that one of the many signs at the airport was a warning about jokes about bombs or terrorism being taken very seriously. The irony being that this was Bob Hope airport, named after a comedian. Well, I thought it was funny.
Anyhoo, munchkin off to school and me off to meet up for a rehearsal which ended up not happening. Reason? The person I was due to rehearse scenes from a particular movie script they had taken the lead role in (and was due to start filming in two weeks) was being ripped apart by a script doctor from PHW. Basically it was a good idea but very poorly written, poorly constructed, weak characters... the list goes on. Never having read it, I had no idea it was such a dud. Cut a long story short, the actor I was to rehearse with took the script assassination very badly, they understood the SD's points and advice (to not touch it with a 10 foot pole) but had geared themselves up so much for the movie that, pretty destroyed, they went home to formulate a plan to remove themselves from the project.
Going home earlier than planned, I took this a sign to start ringing personal managers in an effort to secure someone who would take the helm of my career ship and navigate me away from the brick wall I am currently banging my head off of in frustration of the fact that I cannot get any theatrical auditions AT ALL!
In all honesty, it isn't me. I know it isn't me! I'm primed and ready. 2 years at PHW, some good credits, SAG and AEA (Equity), Brit accent, cheeky, talented, committed, focused - holy shit - give me a break!
Of the 10 I called up... actually, you know... I'll let you know about them in a later post... need to sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home