Blighty comes to Tinseltown

Saturday, July 22, 2006

OK... where am I? Oh yes, Thursday and Spoon River class.
Well, I went out and emotionally prepared to be the 'object' of K's SR, that of her husband who blames himself entirely for his her suicide. This is not the case which is apparent once the verse is studied 'correctly'. K took her own life having had a hysterectomy knowing that she will never have children but also knowing that I, her husband, desperately wants them but is too loyal to her and loves so deeply that I would never leave her to start a new relationship. She knows this so makes the ultimate sacrifice for me leaving me with no choice but to move on. Her verse is an explanation to me of the reasons behind her actions. I cannot, of course, hear her because she is speaking from the grave (which all the SRs have in common). You can see that there is an incredible amount of conflict and pain contained in this particular verse (actually, each verse has its own reality and accompanying circumstances, emotions etc.) and K and I were totally immersed in it, me having lost the woman I love through what I believe is my fault and her trying to tell me that she did it of her own volition and not to blame myself. Powerful stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home