Blighty comes to Tinseltown

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Friday once more, dear reader. Tidy up day and more phone calls.
Chatted to the E D D about their miscalculations (they were very nice about it and promised to put it straight) and I had my telephone interview which seemed to go well too although I have the feeling they are going to try and get me to do any job that comes along while I'm inbetween acting jobs. I'll keep you posted on that!
Took littl'un out to play in the afternoon and headed straight for an air-conditioned 'Under the Sea'. Can't play outside, it's 100 degress F!! That brings up a rather worrying possibility of what LA and most of SoCal (and Nevada, NM etc.) would do if we had another energy crisis here and there was no electricity to power the good old A/C! It's very possible it may happen and peoples' daily lives would change radically. I think that would bring Hollywood to a grinding halt!
That's what happens if you colonise what is essentially a desert climate folks!
Anyway, littl'un had a ball. After he went to bed, we watched 'The Island' and sort of liked it. The leads were great even if the story was a little predictable. Who cares. It was a cool story and great SFX. I'm a sucker for even a half decent SciFi. How much did it cost? $100M + - wow! Any I heard that Michael Bay is a total git and is not very well liked. Watched the extras on the DVD and you can see that the guy loves himself!
Oh, almost forgot. Just after 6pm, I had a call from the chief over at MBA with whom I left a message the other day (remember?). Anyway, he was incredibly nice and even though he was sending a clear message that he was realigning his agency to build already established careers rather than trying to launch new people into the industry which is what they were doing, he told me to send in a hs/res and they'd have a pow-wow about me and someone from the office may call. We seemed to connect on a couple of levels so I decided to go for broke and tell him that if he brought me in, I'd blow him away. I have nothing to lose and he's just another person I would probably never have the chance to speak to again so I thought "stuff it, might as well'. Hopefully he saw a respect for his position but also a hunger and a confidence rather than arrogance. We'll see, eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home