Blighty comes to Tinseltown

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Tuesday - paperwork day. Checking out some audition postings online and starting a battle with the E D D. They deliberately make a ton of mistakes including totally miscalculating the benefits due to you and scheduling a telephone interview at a time you have told them, in writing, that you are unavailable. Basically, roadblocks to them giving you benefits and to cap it all, you are given a telephone number to call to correct any mistakes or to reschedule the interview (upon which your benefits are based, by the way) which is completely IMPOSSIBLE to reach. It's deliberate and a total pain in the arse. rant rant rant... Oh, you should see the list of jobs they show on their 'jobs' site. Don't get me started.
I have to phone and email everyone I know with a theatrical agent of any kind (I'll take anyone with a pulse at this point) to ask for a referral. My theatrical agent... 5 months and not one, NOT ONE audition. I fear that this is the rule rather than the exception, people. Anyway, I must be positive! I'll keep you posted.
Littl'un had his 3 year check up today and he screamed a lot at the docs. Ahhh. I can't believe the level of conversation he is capable of already. Blimey! Aren't kids amazing?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home