Blighty comes to Tinseltown

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Well, bugger me, first audition with the new agent... and I have a callback tomorrow. Hilarious! Hopefully, the planets will align tonight and we'll have a national in the bag by tomorrow night! Then we'll call the old agent and let them know not to book me for any theatrical work on the shoot days (oh yes, that's going to happen - nothing in four months.. counting...) and call the old old agent and let them know it wasn't a good idea not to renew their licence. Such bitterness I know... and I've probably jinxed it with all the bad karma contained in those few lines of writing but, dear reader, I don't care. I'm Mr Positive 23 and a half hours a day so I'm taking a half hour break.
Had a good day today. School for the munchkin this morning so caught up on reading... both scenes for class, the script for VI as well as the script I have a readthrough for on Sunday, Spoon River for class tomorrow and a brief refresh for the SAL callbacks at the end of the month.
Also spoke to SG today (the director/writer of VI) and he has a new producer attached to the project who sounds like an angel made man. Last thing he did was completely debunk some crazy woman who was trying to muscle in on the film with tales of money and connections, all of which turned out to be false but the producer had to make some calls to some A list and their managers to find out for sure. But he did and another LA flake is history! Three more investors checking out the script as well as one of the Broadway producers of that well known Monty P musical... Marvelous!
Class was great and was filled with some brand new newbies just moved up from beginning. There were only three old timers including myself and a few of the not so newbie but still newbie, if you see what I mean. Turns out I'm gonna head on up to Advanced as of Monday so I am really looking forward to that. More intense, more stuff to learn, more things to explore... can't wait. The next stage in the career...
M & I wrapped some pressies for someone's big day tomorrow. Ahhh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home