Blighty comes to Tinseltown

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Wednesday. Rehearsed Spoon River with KC. Excellent! We discussed both mine and hers. She has a whole new perspective on hers which will allow her to be much more personal.
These verses really are amazing. So powerful and every word has a purpose. Nothing is gratuitous, everything's in there for a reason.
Home and set about phoning everyone I could for referrals and appointments...
JC gave me a name, GK, at AAA. Called and left a msg. RJ at JLJ gave me three (and told me I could call him back to let me know what happens), MB at Marc Bass Assoc (left a msg.), TJ at Mccabe Justice and the person who answered the phone asked me if I had five guest star roles. I said "No" and she said "not at this time, thanks". Nice. The third was Global Artists but RJ didn't have a name so I need to do some more research on that one. Low and behold, GK's (from AAA) assistance, Q, called me back and asked if I could give her more info on why I wanted to speak to GK. I told her I was searching for representation (usually a cue for the phrase 'sorry but no') but I did have a referral from JC. Q told me I could send in my hs/res for consideration. Result! Yes, even an OK to send in stuff is an achievement in Hollywood these days! I will pop that in the mail tomorrow. Targeted mailing is the only thing that works, believe me. Flushed with success, I cold called the L. Agency and spoke to the lady 'half' of the team and she told me to send her my materials too. Great! Two to send out tomorrow!!
I even called my existing Theatrical agent and asked if there was anything I could do to help their submissions (that's code for "you're not sending me out, this is a veiled kick up the arse"). They told me that they had submitted me for a couple just today (convenient, eh?) and that because it was Summer, things were slow. "In the Autumn, things will pick up, I'm sure". Uh huh, yes, sure they will. I mean, the five months I've been with them and not been out even ONCE theatrically was due to the Spring into Summer period being slow, I'm sure.
Ah well, at least I have some calls out and can send some stuff to keep things moving.
L & L came over for a mini birthday party for munchkin and they played a lot. My life is just cake and play-doh at the moment. L's hubbie, J, is a writer but can't seem to get things moving as he hasn't sold anything yet. This also means that he can't get an agent, almost a complete disaster for a writer here. It's bad for an actor but it's REALLY bad for a writer. He does have one friend with an agent and I told L that J's best (and probably only) chance is to get a referral (can you see a pattern for agents here?). I also suggested that shooting a trailer for his script would probably build a bit of interest and offered my production/directing/acting talents for free (where I'm going to find the time, I have no idea). I'm nice like that!
Also mailed BB at UTV to try and find out if they could screen some of the CC footage for LK of BG. Haven't heard back yet. Called LK's office to get his availability for the next couple of weeks. If I can get these two guys in the same room at the same time before the 12th of Never I will be doing very well.

Some links for you...
Running a background check on that modeling / talent agency that has just contacted you to tell you that you/your kid/your goat/your accountant is the next big thing to hit the big/small/round/insect screen has never been easier. Buyer beware.

Seems too good to be true?

Got a minute to watch a movie?

Inflatable Spacecraft???


Oh, thank heavens! Hollywood's going to be OK after all. Call off the paramedics! Whew.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home