Blighty comes to Tinseltown

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Spoon River class this morning and more torture served up in verse form! I really am enjoying the classes though and I feel so much more 'equipped' for the job with each successive class. This has got to be the best technique available, no question.
Remember I mentioned that this work starts to weed out the people who are just playing at this. Well, there's at least four people who haven't shown up for a couple of weeks (which is an eternity with this work) and T even mentioned one guy who would be kicked out of the class should he show up in the future! Not willing to do the work, you see! Yes, it's tough but it's getting to be enjoyable as you work out what the hell you are doing! I'm loving it!
Had a rehearsal with Y and we also chatted thru a short that we're formulating to shoot before she's too preggers! More info later on that...
Had a phone call from one of the managers I had left a message for - yes they do 'phone back, asking for my headshot and resume. That's got to be a good sign hasn't it!
Wrote a cover letter and popped the stuff in the mail.
Off to the park with littl'un and he had a wild time with a bunch of his friends who were there.
Well folks, the big callback is tomorrow and I can't tell you how much is riding on it. I have prepared the three scenes as much as I can and I'm very happy with them as they stand. Hopefully, I will shine tomorrow as we add that all important element - I have no idea what that is, I just know it has to be there!
Not sure about the song I've chosen as it's very focused on the part I'm going for and doesn't show off any of the other elements of my voice which they may want to see if they are thinking of me for another part.
Hey ho, we'll go with what we have and I'll do the best I can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home