Blighty comes to Tinseltown

Tuesday, September 26, 2006




Class went well. Exercise into a scene with K. Went well although we didn't progress to the scene, just stayed in the exercise (which happens sometimes)! T thought K should be working much deeper which is a route he can now take in our rehearsals. We'll try on Wednesday. Chatted to R about a scene he wants to shoot(?) and VI, S's feature, which he would also like to shoot and M gave me the script for a scene she wants to shoot!
Spent some fun time with R and made some calls. Booked on a commercial for Sunday (background but it's work). Turns out it'll be a 'holiday' (meaning Christmas) advert for a jewellers.
S had a good meeting about VI with his producer who's going to take the script to a couple of 'A' list directors, not to direct, but to attach their names as 'exec producers' to see if we can get some movement into funding the bastard.
Beginning to be really SAD about the lack of work in this town. Actually, there IS work, it just seems like everyone else is getting it! Now, THAT is the feeling you get when you are being a victim and I'm NOT going to be one. I refuse. Of course, the feeling is an intense one...I don't think I could even get arrested in L.A. due to the lack of interest!!
I have a theatrical agent who hasn't sent me out in 6 months (not once), a commercial agent who I think has forgotten what I look like and a manager who is really trying hard for me but neither of us seem to be getting anywhere! Yep, things are that bad! BUT, that's what L.A. is!! If everyone who felt bad, cheated or hard-done by left to return to their place of origin, there would be NO-ONE here (except, of course, lots of gardeners and nannies - local joke, sorry). So, let's look on the bright side... working on Sunday, people wanting to shoot stuff with me, a indie movie wanting me (just waiting for the elusive funding - aren't they all), a new, secret web project, life, love. Ahhhh yes, feeling better again!!
Think I'll post another piccy from the other day. There we go...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home