Blighty comes to Tinseltown

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Friday was a day for writing a ton of letter to the casting directors of various features and tv shows in production. It probably won't do anything but you can't win the raffle if you haven't bought a ticket, can you?!
So, to recap...
I have a theatrical agent who seemingly has no pulse, well, no visible signs of life anyway.
They also happen to be my commercial agent, with as much activity on that front as theatrical.
I have a new commercial agent who is chomping at the bit to sign me but that would leave me with no theatrical agent (is a bad one better than none at all? I think it is). They would also be my VO agent.
I have spoken to a mgr who is 'trying' to help me by referring me to some half decent agents but who won't return my calls or emails, so I can't push that one.
I have a friend who has given me the name of their agent (incredibly big NY/LA agent) but who probably won't take me without credits.
Yes, options but frustrating complicated ones...
Watched "Mrs Henderson Presents..." which was absolutely superb on all counts. Cast, story, screenplay, performances. Brilliant.
There's a scene where Mrs Henderson was speaking to her late son's headstone and it just struck me, deeply. Funny that...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home