Blighty comes to Tinseltown

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Monday. Off to class. Scenes with B & M.
Hardstuff didn't go too well and T gave us some preparation work with some imaginary circumstance to prepare with.
Prisoner on 2nd Avenue was great. Miche & I had a real life, hot as hell argument and worked the lines in. T thought it was just like a real argument and told us that's the way to rehearse. Great!
Spoke to Tony about the FF and he told me that my film HADN'T made it in. Ah, OK. He said that it was funny for 5 minutes but because there was no 'conflict' for the characters to work through (and Chad was always going to move on, whatever happened), the film ultimately had no real purpose and was way too long based on that. He said that it was no more than a funny 5 minute skit. OK, fair enough. The FF doesn't want me, I still think the film's OK and still great reel material (which is why I made it)! What do you think? Check it out here.
HWSM called to say that they had the F&S songs for my audition. Popped in and met Rick who was great! $10.95 later, I had two F&S songs for Tuesday.
Off to the show. The space looked great and the evening went really well. The space was filled with an 'experimental' theatre audience who moved around and pointed their chairs in various directions as directed by the action as the evening progressed. Lots of happy faces at the end.
My songs went really well and everyone said nice things! One girl even asked me if I was like a 'stunt singer, brought in at the end of rehearsal periods to bail out shows'. I don't think I had that much of an effect on the whole thing but it was nice to hear it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home