Blighty comes to Tinseltown

Friday, June 09, 2006


Tuesday.
Well, a bloody important stage audition today. It was in front of an incredibly influencial casting director who has cast a ton of stuff on Broadway. She was a sweetheart! Just her, her assistant and the pianist. I sang my song (which seemed to go extremely well) and we had a very nice chat for a few minutes. I think it went as well as it could have and I did my best so we'll see what happens. Which show was it for you ask, well, it comes in a tin and it rhymes with 'ham-a-tot'. The Sin City production, the US tour and replacements for B'way. So, yes, pretty important.
Went home and the littl'un and I headed for the NatHisMus. Don't you love 'Free Tuesday'. I do! They're doing something very cool there at the moment which involves wearing a small electronic box thing and listening to music as you walk around the museum. The very cool part is that the box receives info from each area so it knows 'where it is' and plays a selected track accordingly. Very cool, eh! Apparently it's all original stuff by some pretty talented musos. Check it out if you can. I think it runs for a few more months. Ran around for 3 hours and then home again!
Headed off to Songs and Dances for night two! The house was slightly larger than last night and they were equally appreciative of the works. The night went really well and my songs went..., well they were ok! Everyone seemed very happy again at the end of the night. I was thanked very much for stepping in at the last minute (my speciality!) and then I drove off into the night. Where was the space?

You can read all about this very very ambitious and incredibly cool urban project here. Not a cornfield.
It was definitely an experience. Another one to chalk up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home