Blighty comes to Tinseltown

Monday, July 31, 2006

Callback day! Yes, it's finally here and I'm ready!
Decided to follow up on a few of the manager packs I sent out but after two 'No's I thought it might be a better idea to wait until Monday so as not to have too much neggie energy pervade my day!
Anyhoo, picked up the munchkin from school and headed home, changed and went to the callback for SaL (have you worked out the show yet?).
It was at the Hollywood Dance Centre on Highland and when I got there, there were a couple of chaps waiting. Other than that, the place was deserted save for the dulcit tones of the current auditionee warbling in an adjacent hall.
I had a seat and started chatting to the other boys and found two of them were there for my part and the other one was going in for a different part.
After a while, in I went, ready for anything! The casting director was there, her assistant and the pianist from the first audition. We had a friendly chat and I sang my F&S song, F&S being a rather obscure Brit comedy duo from the 50s but who proved to be a good choice for my first audition so I wasn't going to break the spell! T remembered the first one too! Anyway, the song went really well and they seemed to really love it, chuckling all the way through.
Onto the scenes and I performed one scene with T's assistant (who was great, by the way - really gave his all to help with the dialogue) and the other scene was pretty much just me.
How did it go? Well, at the end of the callback, T asked me if I was free early next week and that she would call when she had decided on the schedule so....
I took that as pretty positive!! Hoorah!
Pretty happy going home, I can tell you. Picked up the car from repair and headed home to see that my missus and littl'un had put some piccys in the window saying 'Great job, Daddy'. Ahhhh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home