Blighty comes to Tinseltown

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Friday... Hammering down with rain outside. Holy MofG, when is the rain going to let up! Submitted myself and my peeps online for some commercials.
Spent most of the day reading (R&G and Marie N's script) as well as carrying on with my shooting script. Checked out laptops online (that's one good thing about M's machine going gaga, we do have an excuse to get a new one, albeit a very cheap new one.
Received some tax info from David (thank God) - everything's set for submission on Monday. We opened J's box which was 3/4 full of PG tea bags (which he used as packing for munchkin's Chocolate Cow) so I'm a very happy camper. I now have PG coming out of the wahzoo (as I believe the Colonials say).
Suggested to Stephen that he edit together some more trailers for the teaser so that there's a complete set to collect! He's up for it so hopefully they'll be some more very soon.
Spoke to BB of UTV and he let me know that he's putting together a trailer for the CC job which I can use for my own publicity and that there's going to be a new edit to watch very soon so watch out for an invite. He also told me that although SAG rules instruct employers to notify talent about health requirements for overseas jobs (i.e. Panama), there is no stipulation that they actually pay for them. So, I was asked, very politely, to do some free ADR work for the CC job in exchange for then having (very kindly) paid for my shots. Fair deal! I have no probs with that. UTV were amazingly generous.
It's interesting that although SAG members must be warned that they might get Yellow fever when shooting in Central America, there's no requirement for anyone to pay them to get a shot. This, of course means, that if he doesn't want to die he has to pony up the dosh himself. Oh, and three HepA&B shots...$580. Ouch. No ouch for me though, thanks to UTV. Bless 'em.
I wonder if SAG have lost any members overseas through being too poor to pay for a potentially life saving injection... hum, that's one to ponder.
Saw IceAge2 at the flicks. Quite funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home