Blighty comes to Tinseltown

Friday, April 14, 2006

Thursday..
Into the office and submitted. Off to an audition for a cellphone company, my first with Mademoiselle, by the way. Went fine. I had to sit with my legs up on a cushion watching a football match on my chest. Prob something for their vid delivery service I should imagine. Back to the office for more submitting. Met up with Jules who's coming on board and checked out her most recent shoot to try and find some commercial shots. All fantastic shots and she looks great in all of them but nothing which leaps off the page. We'll try a certain one and see how it goes for a couple of months.
Back home with littl'un. Continued reading Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are dead (which is a classic wacky play) and Marie N's script.
M gave me her laptop and said that it had stopped working. Oh, I thought. That's not good (I'm thinking tax time, all the stuff is on her machine and she hasn't backed up in months). Plugged it in, power light on but no drive light. Oh dear, oh dear. Could be a corrupt drive. Basically it's a five year old Vaio which has seen much better days. The hinges gave way years ago and the screen's being held on with wire ties! It's cutting edge, believe me. So, oh shit, I thought. We're done, the drive is dead. BUT, can't be neggie about it can you so I gutted my lappie (which, of course, just happened to take the same 2.5" drive type (thank f) and installed the 'dead' drive. Powered and spun up very nicely (so it's the mother board in the old Vaio which has died, R.I.P.) but I was left with a machine spinning a hard drive which had no clue as to why it was in such a 'foreign' machine. Would it boot to Windows? Of course not. So, luckily, I have a boot disc with XPSP2 which allowed me to reinstall Windoze on the drive. A hour or so later, I'm in a new Windoze session with the new drive and all the data still on it. Yeehaa. See, nothing's too tricky if you put your mind to it. I'm actually typing this page with my machine and the reincarnated drive! Ain't technology wonderful!
I celebrated by starting my shooting script for the shoot next Saturday. Drew up a line of small boxes along the right hand side of a sheet of A4 and photocopied my script using the sheet with the boxes as the photocopy original. Voila, a script with a neat row of boxes down the right hand side of each page. Beautiful! OK, time to draw a bunch of stick men and arrows...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home