Blighty comes to Tinseltown

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Wednesday...Off to class and came to T's door! Went very well, got a 'good work' from S. Headed off to the Friar's Club in BevHills for the teaser trailer shoot for Stephen's film, VI. When I arrived there were several other people moping around mumbling the (incredibly long) monologue. Some of them were saying that it was impossible to memorise. Come on people, this is one of the things you have to do as an actor. Memorisation isn't normally the best way to 'feel' a monlogue but sometimes it's the only way. Anyway, I drank tea and spoke to everyone else. Met the two lovely ladies who were going to be draped across me as I spoke my piece. Lovely, leggie, beautiful (and intelligent, I might add) blondes. One I knew from PHW. Small world. The other, Lorin, was a lovely little lady who was bubbly, bright and talented, ho yes.
Stephen was on top form but we were running behind schedule a little. So I was up and, dressed in my white tux, open bowtie and wing collar shirt, we all moved to an intimate room with a beautifully rich and sumptuous corner sofa where we were set in a sculpture of bodies, me in the middle with the two ladies port and starboard. Off I went and it was sweet as a nut. I was naughty, smarmy, devilish and a perfect gentleman all at the same time. We did it a couple more time, each time with the girls getting more naughty, opening my shirt, pulling off my tie, mussing my hair... that kinda thing. It was great. I remembered all my stuff and even managed to make a performance out of it. Real and natural even with some.. er.. distractions. Stephen was happy as was everyone else, it seems. Met the producer, FS, who was very please to have some British class on the set. He was very kind! A perfect gent and a man obviously in control of every situation he ever found himself in. Very subtle and quietly confident. He laughingly called himself the 'bad cop' which is, let's face it, what a good producer has to be. Trailer should be up in a few weeks. I'll link to it when I know where it is.
Home again and worked on the 'puter. Emails and submissions and more work on the pics. I have to work out which ones to print up and I need to do it soon.
I'm reading 'My Fat Friend' by Charles Laurence at the moment. Very funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home