Blighty comes to Tinseltown

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Monday. Met Rich for coffee and a scene rehearsal. Bumped into BB fro UTV with his Mother in law. How random is that?? Rich and I are in good shape. Off to class.
Did the scene with Rich and it went really well. So much so that T asked to do it again with some other direction, to have a bit of fun! That's a stamp of approval in my book. The rest of the class was great except for C who I think has had an emotional lobotomy. He does whimper, pissed-off and shouting. Very broad repertoire. The scene was stale and Y didn't really have a lot to go with. They're doing it again next week. Even A & B had a restart but take2 was great. C & J first read was fantastic. Totally captivating. Good class. T kept a few of us back to tell us about some books to find for our imminent move upto Advanced!! Yeehaaa. It'll be an extra class for a few months so as not to decimate the current class numbers. Fantastic!! The books are two by Mark Baker, The SR anthology and 'Csfts' which I think everyone has heard of! Bought one from Amazon and ordered the rest thru the Library for free (can't beat it!).
Off to Y to discuss the (other) movie. Reworked and rescripted scene 2 between B & I. Gave Y the rewrite of my script and left B a copy too. I need to get it finalised so I can think about filming it. I suppose I can re-script it up until I film it - it's great being the writer! Still looking for a space. Called Jimmy for advice.
Trying to learn the VI monologue for Wednesday's filming. I will end up making it my own, I have no doubt. It'll be fun too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home