Blighty comes to Tinseltown

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Welcome Blogger visitors...
Monday is, as ever, class day and I did the scene from Hooters again with Richie R. It went well but T still wants us to try more stuff with it so we're gonna do it again next week. Hit Y's after for her feedback on my short film rewrite. Hum... there was quite a bit she thought didn't work and I agreed with most of it but she's definitely coming from a 'film school' perspective. I know I asked for her opinion (and consequently have to listen to it when it's delivered) but I do object when she asks me to leave a copy of the script so she can 'write her own version'! Yes, fine, take what I took the trouble and time to create on the page and rewrite it. Wow, that's really difficult, isn't it! Now I'm no diva and I have a skin as thick as a rhino (you have to have in Hollywood) but I don't like critics who sidestep the hard part of actually writing words on a blank page and think they can just make your stuff 'better'. Rant over...
Went thru the first couple of scenes for our other movie, the feature we're all collaborating on. We improvised some dialogue (using our circumstances and character spines) and took down most of the words. It's a great approach to script writing and we're in the perfect position of having the actors who are going to be playing these characters actually write their own dialogue.
Had a game of chess with M much later on and, although, I lost my queen mid-game (I hate that when it happens), the game finished with just her king and queen and my king on the board. Quite a comeback, I feel!
Trawled the net for movie supplies for next week. Needed some huge tarps and some duct tape. Hopefully, we'll keep the art dept stuff down to less than $120. I need to buy Brett his wardrobe so I'll hit Ross later in the week.
Worked on the script 'til 1am and had an hour long chat with G who's going to be my cameraman. Tania, the makeup lady, won't be able to make the shoot so I guess I'll be doing that as well. So, that'll be writer, director, talent, designer, wardrobe, caterer, PA, runner, transpo, makeup... the list goes on. Ah, the joys of low-budget independent film making.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home