Blighty comes to Tinseltown

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Monday. Another audition (no.5 in three months - whoopdedoo). My agent has sent me for an audition as a cabbie! Inspired. Yes, I really look like a cabbie I don't think. Even the audition posting called for actors of 'any ethnicity' which basically means not white. So, then, I have an agent desperate to send me out for anything so I don't leave. Well, as soon as I get a better offer, I'm outta there! It's not that I think I'm too good for this particular agent, it's just that I'm in charge of my career and I choose with whom I do business with - my own business partners if you like. This particular business partner hasn't spoken to me in three months, hasn't initiated any conversation and doesn't seem to give a rodent's bum about me or my career. That's not good enough in my book - I deserve much better than that.
Well, guys and girls, this is part of the daily challenge a committed, working actor has to deal with in sunny old Los Angeles. Marvelous.
Off to class afterwards and did my scene with M. Went really well, we were both connected and we had a real argument. T told us that it was a 'good rehearsal' and we could perform the scene next week if we wanted to. Great!
Spoke to G and he told me that the LATimes ran an article about a girl who had a video on youtube being offered a distribution deal which basically underlines the fact that you have no idea how you are going to find jobs in this town - you have to try everything. It's mind blowing how many pies you have to have your finger in. G went on to tell me that agents are reportedly scouring youtube for new and fresh talent. I can't believe all of them are but I have no doubt it's a rich source of fresh meat for the Hollywood machine eager for the next 'big' thing or, at least, the next thing they can peddle for five minutes' worth of ratings and pin money.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home