Blighty comes to Tinseltown

Sunday, August 06, 2006




Friday's here! After dropping the munchkin off at school, it's onto the La Brea tar pits (I had no idea what the bleedin' hell these things were until a couple of months ago...anyway, I digress) to meet up with Gazza and Robert to do some V/O and fill-in shots for Gazza's feature, UC. Did the V/O in the car and then the lovely Talia, my co-star, arrived to do her stuff. Rob and I wondered off to scout a quiet spot for the fill-in shots while T was busy. Shot the shots in about a half-hour (G knows exactly what he wants so he's incredibly quick) whilst trying to look like we were shooting a home movie so as not to raise any interest from security and then off to the Farmer's Market for a spot of brunch. Spent most of the time trying to persuade T to make notes about the day-to-day life of the place where she works as we all think it's screenwriting gold! The wealth of characters mixed with a central plot would make such a great script.
Home again and then off to my manager's meeting in Toluca Lake. Oh, interestingly enough, fresh from cursing the screen the night before at the dismissal of BA on Soapstar (I only watched it because BA was in it, by the way), I sat down right next to Michael Bruno who was chatting to a network guy.
Anyway, the lovely lady walked in and we proceeded to have a two-and-a-half hour discussion about each other, where I wanted to go, what I wanted to do, her opinions on various things, our thoughts about the industry, how she worked, how we were going to work together, my previous stuff, who I already knew in the business etc., culminating in the glorious result that I now have a manager, and she's a member of the TMA as well, the only body of talent managers with a code of ethics! Great! When all is said and done, I'll keep doing things the way I'm doing them, submitting myself and having my agents submit me but I will have M on my team now, always available for advice, speaking to my agents, checking with contacts and always alert for opportunities... nice to know someone else is going to be 'on my side'.
Turned in really early and zzzzzzzzzz.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home