Blighty comes to Tinseltown

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Monday. Class - worked with R. We came up with another complex relationship (see last week!) but it seemed to go quite well! Saw G at the park. He's a commercial director and, as our kids play together and go to the same school, we're sort of 'nodding' acquaintances, you know, we say hi, how are you and catch up when we see each other. Anyway, we got onto what we were both doing and I told him things were a little slow but I'm working on various things to stay focused and active. He said that we should maybe work on a 'spec' commercial together (this is a project where the end result is purely for exposure or 'reel' material) and I told him about an idea I have for a series of several commercials. I spun him the idea and he loved it! I told him I'd finish it off and let him have a gander at the script. Cool.
Tuesday. Finished the spec commercial script and registered it. Also worked on the new website (more on that later....)
Wednesday. TG feast at munchkin's school. Ahhh!
Thursday. Thanksgiving. Had a nice quiet day at home and ate lots, played games and generally had a nice day. For my UK readers, Thanksgiving is very much like Christmas Day (Turkey, family, TV, no Queen's speech of course) but a month early. Like a pre-match warm-up really. Oh, we have Sales on the next day too, a little like the UK sales which start on the 27th Dec!
Friday. Stuff at home and off to another TG din-dins over at B & R's house. Met their mum and step dad and the kids played together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home