Blighty comes to Tinseltown

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Callback day!! Went to class (activity with K, went OK) and headed home to change. Off to Burbank via Hollywood Sheet Music who had my backup song all ready for me (faxed in from a secret source!). About a dozen other guys there. Went in the first time to sing from the show and although I thought it went OK, my voice wasn't 100% - still very happy with my interpretation though. The bigwigs from the MM world were there - London, Broadway and Vegas production people!! Wow, quite a panel! Back out again and was put with a couple of other guys who I would be doing the scene with. Headed back in and the scene went really well. It wasn't rushed, we were all listening to each other and I'm confident it went as well as it could have. Back out again and one of the chaps and I were let go straight away while the third guy was kept back (this was probably the 4th time he had gone in... they obviously like him but they're looking for somewhere to put him). Does being booted mean curtains for me and MM... probably. If they had wanted me, they probably would have kept me back to pair me up with some other chaps auditioning for the other two roles. On the other hand, they may have seen everything they needed and I'm on the next callback pile. Who knows? I certainly don't and I would drive myself mad with a constant post mortem of the afternoon's events so I am mentally moving on (even though this job would mean NY or Vegas and a new life elsewhere) - coz you have to move on!
Thank god Brett R's ill - now I don't have to head down to Long Beach straight after the callback - I would not have made the call anyway!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home